Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee is composed of court professionals committed to growing themselves and others. The committee coordinates the educational curriculum for both the Annual and Midyear Conferences based on trends and challenges affecting courts nationally and statewide. We welcome the ideas and efforts of everyone on the committee to develop and deliver curriculums that exceed the needs and expectations of all MAACM members.
Mid-Year Conference Subcommittee:
- Work with Board to develop and coordinate educational goals and plans for mid-year conference;
- Develop educational curriculum for the mid-year conference subject to approval of the Board;
- Contact and procure speakers for conference and make all course arrangements; and
- Develop workshop requirements and descriptions and forward to the chair of the Conference Committee at least 45 days prior to the upcoming event.
Annual Conference Subcommittee:
- Work with Board to develop and coordinate educational goals and plans for annual educational conference;
- Prepare annual educational curriculum subject to the approval of the Board;
- Contact and procure speakers for conference and make all course arrangements;
- Develop workshop requirements and descriptions and forward to the Chair of the Conference Committee at least 45 days prior to the upcoming event.
The Chairs of the Professional Development Committee will:
- Prepare the Professional Development Committee’s Report for submittal to the Board one week prior to Board meetings;
- Write articles on the committee’s accomplishments for the spring, summer and winter issues of The Beacon; and
- Tabulate workshop evaluations and present results at the December Board meeting.
The following timelines have been developed to provide guidance in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the Professional Development Committee:
- Discuss at post conference Board Meeting educational goals and plans for annual and mid-year conferences.
- Professional Development Committee to meet the day before the December Board Meeting to discuss potential speakers and course topics for upcoming mid-year and annual conferences and report to the Board.
- Delegate tasks, including workshop liaisons, and hand out Initial Speaker Information Form to committee members with deadlines for completion.
- Contact potential speakers and obtain commitments for mid-year and annual conferences and gather information to complete the Initial Speaker Information Form.
- Develop educational grid for mid-year and annual conferences.
- Provide completed Initial Speaker Information Forms to the Chair of the Conference Committee and Workshop Coordinator with pertinent information for speakers - name, address, telephone number, facsimile, e-mail address, course name and course description. Prepare draft program for the Annual Conference.
- Finalize mid-year conference and send announcement to Chair of Communications Committee and Website Coordinator to send to members. Finalize the program for the annual conference and forward to Beacon as insert.
- Make final preparations for mid-year conference. Schedule telephone conference to discuss parameters.
- Tabulate mid-year conference evaluations for workshops and present results to the Board at the next Board Meeting.
- Make final preparations for annual conference. Schedule telephone conferences to discuss parameters.
- Recruit committee members, if needed, to Host and/or Report for workshop sessions at the annual conference.
- Coordinate with Chair of the Conference Committee to ensure that speakers’ audiovisual needs have been met.
- Tabulate annual conference evaluations for workshops and present results to the Board at the December Board Meeting.